Sunday, August 31, 2014

Biscuit Cow




I happened to cross a tiger sanctuary today. Yes, a very nice day indeed. Jungles when seen from the sky looks green and no trees can be identified. But when we go closer to them each tree is visible and the jungle has disappeared.  It is like our traditional ‘When I see a dog stone is not there and when I see a stone dog is not there.’ Meaning “If you can visualize a dog in a statue of stone the stone won’t be visible and if you can’t visualize only a stone would be visible. Of course it is similar to the ‘Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder’.

I tried to learn something from the leaning bamboo grass. What a wonder! They can’t stand alone. They grow as a bush together and they survive together. What a unity!

The banyan trees with aerial roots! In the age of old age homes for men, trees prepare for their winter days ahead.  There is no question of falling as the new roots go deep and spread far and wide.  We talk of nuclear families and nuclear wars too!
The creepers that can’t stand erect take the support of the other trees and plants and there is no apartheid seen or shown. What camaraderie!
Plants and trees stand and stand at times the roots clasping the soil and at times the soil clasping the roots clasp… no difference of opinions…only defense mechanisms!
Big and small flowers spreading the fragrance without any expectations whatsoever: in many hues without a hue and cry throughout the day … smiling and smiling and remaining heroes!

All along the way the monkeys were there to welcome me with their mischief. They were small and big and some on the milestones and some on the branches and some on the run. Generous people generously were throwing apples and banana fruits as the bus moved on. As experienced cricketer would do they were there to catch every fruit. All of them were nude but dressed in beauty.   For miles they were there and so smiles on our faces. 'Everything has beauty but not very one sees it.'

The sad part of the trip was a monkey struggling after hit by a speeding vehicle on the ghat road and I could see her hands gesturing helplessness. Even before I could think what could me response  my bus driver crossed the accident victim and discussions were there to help her in the midst of the jungle.  Fortunately the forest guards were there in a kilometer ahead on our way. As I informed them of the accident, promptly the guards rushed to assist the monkey. Hope I have done my duty.

Of course I got a friend in the form of a cow in a motel that was ready to munch Britannia Biscuits. It seemed the cow had forgotten to eat grass and love to have what we all have. I emptied the pocket and filled my heart with contentment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment