Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I Hear India Singing!





I Hear India Singing!

I hear her speak loudly over her shoulders, from the long and winding shores,
I hear her heels setting on the high ranges of the Himalayas and the Ghats of the east and the west,
I hear her rivers murmur all along their meandering wanderings and wonder,
I hear her squeal at the arrival of monsoons which fill her earth with mirth,
I hear her render many an anthems with a mere grass stem,
I hear her chant the words of wisdom of Buddha and saints of myriad hues.


I see her farmers till their fields deep enough to ensure they reap big heaps,
I see her workers toil all along with day and night as their best companions,
I see her artisan work in unison to craft designs to gratify every citizen,
I see life infused in the grains of sand, on the beaches of Bhubaneswar,
 I see life infused in the grain of a paddy, in the woods of the Malabar,
I see life infused on the stones of Kajurahao and on the shores of Mahabalipuram.


I smell her splendor over her head and shoulders with feasts from the north-east,
I smell her celestial powers grow midst the growing mountains of flowing Ganga,
I smell her spices from the coast of Arabian seas to the tea gardens of Darjeeling,
I smell her tradition rejoice in gallant Gujarat and dance in valiant Punjab,
I smell her food satiating gods and goddesses of Ganges for ages,
I smell her attire in the colors of loyal and royal Rajasthan.


I watch her grow to glory and beauty shunning poverty,
I watch her grow in sheer strength and with sanguine spirit,
I watch her grow in the Sciences of speed, steel and space with conscience,
I watch her grow in might and fight for the rights of every life in total delight,
I watch her grow from dependence to independence and to interdependence, 
I watch her grow from cipher to cipher era, spreading soulful, splendid aura.
I hear India singing peace and freedom of all in every kingdom. 

Rettavyal S Krishnaswamy





No comments:

Post a Comment