Friday, May 17, 2013

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO LEAVE FOR OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS?

As a  boy of 11 years old  I had to walk for about 3 miles  to attend to my school. Walking with bare feet is a norm even today.Hence there was no question of shoes for me. I have seen normally our teachers  wearing foot wear (chappals)  and none of my friends had that to decorate their feet. As the walk would be tiresome me and my friends would enter any house on the way and request for  'drinking water'. Invariably they would guide us to a pot arranged outside or give us a  potful water from inside their homes ( they were of valuable as they were made of copper/brass).At times they would allow us to draw water from the wells. When the crops were raised we need not ask any one as we could drink water from the running streams. Today no child or adult can move outside without a water container. In every meeting around the globe the plastic water bottle is the first guest to enter the board room.  You want proof.....




This water
Last week I had an opportunity to  see the River Cauvery   in Trichy. I found the substance as liquid. but I can't say it comes under the category water as the river was carrying a greenish, dull , black liquid. The river on its course has to collect many dyeing units discharge and hence the river is dying. The picture below speaks of the ways we maintain our water bodies.

A RIVER VIEW SCENE NUNGAMBAKKAM, CHENNAI, INDIA







No comments:

Post a Comment